Complete Contest Rules:
(These rules apply to all Station contests unless specified.)
WHO CAN ENTER
1. Entrants must be residents of the State of Wisconsin or Illinois (and multiple states where appropriate such as markets which cross state boundaries) who are 18 years of age or older.
2. Employees of WTJK, Good Karma Broadcasting, LLC., its parent subsidiaries, contest sponsors, affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies, and the immediate family members (i.e., spouses, parents, grandparents, children, grandchildren, and siblings) of each of the above are NOT eligible to enter and/or to win.
1. No purchase is necessary to enter or win. Qualified entrants may enter as often as they wish, unless specified otherwise.
2. Contestants may only win one prize per person every thirty (30) days unless specified otherwise. For contests that run beyond thirty (30) days, contestants may only win one prize per contest. Contests with major prizes may have additional restrictions.
3. Station and Good Karma Broadcast LLC., are not responsible for any entries and/or telephone calls that are misdirected, lost, disconnected, not received, or are illegible.
4. Entries received that are mutilated, tampered with, illegible, or from ineligible entrants will be void. Entries that are determined by Station Management to be fraudulent will be void and the person making such an entry barred from further participation in that contest. All entries become the property of Good Karma Broadcasting LLC., and will not be acknowledged or returned.
5. Station Management shall be the sole arbiters in all matters relating to the contest and the interpretation of contest rules. The decisions of Station Management shall be final. Entry into station contests constitutes agreement by contestant to abide by these rules, as well as any other specific contest rules established by Station.
1. All prizes awarded on-air must be picked up at the Station's studios unless specified otherwise at One Parker Place, Suite 485, Janesville, WI 53545 during normal business hours of 9:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. Some prizes will not be mailed.
2. Prizes will be released to winners only. Winners are required to present a valid photo ID in order to pick up any prize. Additionally, ALL winners are required to sign a Winner's Release relieving the Station, its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents and contest sponsors from any and all liability with respect to the receipt and/or use of the prize. Any person who refuses to sign the Release will forfeit the contest prize.
3. Station reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value for all contests and giveaways. Prizes are not redeemable for cash. No substitution, transfer or assignment of prizes is allowed.
4. Prizes not claimed within 2 weeks from Good Karma Broadcasting LLC. of being awarded, or in the case of a time sensitive prize, within its period of usability, shall be considered forfeited and will become property of Station. Such prize may be disposed of at the discretion of Station Management.
5. Winners are responsible for paying all applicable local, county, state and federal taxes on prizes over $500 in value, as set forth in these rules and/or the specific contest rules issued by Station.
6. By participating in this contest, each contestant hereby consents to Station and using the contestant's name, voice, likeness, biographical information, his/her participation in the contest, and the substance of the contestant's telephone call for on-air broadcast and for advertising Good Karma Broadcasting LLC, and promotional purposes. Contestant agrees that no additional compensation will be paid for such usage.
ODDS OF WINNING/MISCELLANEOUS
1. Odds of winning depend on the number of correct and/or eligible entries received and depend on the particular type of contest being run. All tie-breaking procedures will be set forth in the individual contest rules.
2. Complete contest rules are available at the Station studios at www.espn1380.com
3. Station contests are subject to all applicable laws and regulations and are void when prohibited. Station, Good Karma Broadcasting LLC., its parents, subsidiaries, officers, directors, employees, agents, contest sponsors and affiliated companies, and advertising and promotion agencies accept no responsibility of liability in connection with any injuries, losses, or damages of any kind caused by or resulting from (a) participation in the contest and/or (b) the acceptance, possession and/or use of any prize awarded hereunder.
4. Station reserves the right to change, alter or modify these rules at any time with or without written notice. These are general contest rules, and rules for individual contests may vary. To the extent that any individual contest rules differ from these rules set forth herein, the individual contest rules will govern and control.
5. Station reserves the right to end or stop any contest at any time and for any reason.
CONTEST RULES (As of January 1, 2010)
1. Each qualifier must disclose his or her legal name, address, telephone number to ESPN 1380. Upon disclosure of the above information, the person will be officially eligible to be declared a winner despite any such inference on the air. Any person found to have supplied false or misleading information may be disqualified from the contest and would therefore forfeit the prize.
2. Telephone Contests: No liability is assumed by ESPN 1380 for faulty, mistranscribed,misdirected/misdialed telephone communication or technical difficulties experienced by callers throughout the call-in portion of the contest. Calls for contestants are taken in order of receipt at ESPN 1380 phone system. In the even that more than one voice is heard on the phone line, the contestant/qualifier or winner will be the first person to speak. If the judge(s) is not able to determine which caller was first, a random drawing will be held to determine the winner. Mail/Fax Contests: Only one entry per person will be accepted unless otherwise specified on-the-air or in separate contest rules. Winning entry(s) will be drawn at random from all valid entries received/or by vote. ESPN 1380 is not responsible for late, misdirected, lost or mutilated mail, entry forms or faxes. No liability is assumed by the station for any malfunction of computer equipment, fax machine equipment or fax machine telephone lines. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. Web Site Contests: To enter a contest on the ESPN 1380 website, www.espn1380.com, contestants must complete all the information deemed necessary to declare a winner. The station for any malfunction of the internet or individual computer systems assumes no liability. Only one entry per person for each contest. Winning entry(s) will be randomly selected from all valid entries received. If entry is illegible or does not supply all information deemed necessary to declare a winner, entry will be deemed invalid and another entry will be selected. When entering a contest via an advertiser's web banner or logo hyperlink, ESPN Radio 1380 is not responsible for prize fulfillment or any aspect of the contest. ESPN 1380 is simply a "link" to that advertiser's site.
3. ESPN 1380 has the right to require a winner to sign an affidavit of eligibility and release and return it to ESPN 1380 within three days of notification or ESPN Radio 1380 can determine an alternate winner at random. All prizes (not date sensitive) must be claimed no later than ninety days after winning. If prize has not been claimed by this date, winner forfeits the prize and ESPN Radio 1380 reserves the right to select another winner.
4. Prizes are non-transferable and substitutions of cash or equivalent are not allowed other than a substitution by ESPN Radio 1380 that may be necessary due to the unavailability of a prize.
5. No proxies (authorized agents or written authorizations) are accepted. The actual prize winner must claim prize. (see age note below in #6)
6. Contests are open to all legal residents of Wisconsin and Illinois. ESPN 1380 reserves the right to set any age requirement for any contest, at any time. If winner is a minor, prize will be awarded to winner's parent or legal guardian.
7. Employees of ESPN 1380, Good Karma Broadcasting LLC., and their affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising, production, promotion and fulfillment agencies, other broadcast companies and their immediate family members and/or those living in the same household are not eligible for any contest.
8. Each contestant agrees that ESPN 1380 can use his/her voice, name and likeness for promotional purposes without additional compensation. All participants agree to and are bound by official rules and ESPN 1380 reserves the right to establish additional rules at any time.
9. As a condition of winning, no contest winner may represent, or appear in an advertisement for any other radio station, other than ESPN 1380 for a period of one year from the date they win the contest. Winners also may not grant interviews about their participation in any ESPN 1380 contests or make public comments in any medium, including the Internet without prior written permission of ESPN 1380. Additionally, no prize may be used in any way that would be disparaging to ESPN 1380.
10. Prizes valued at $100 or less will automatically be mailed without request. ESPN 1380 will not be responsible for lost, stolen, misdirected or late mail. Prizes mailed with or without winner's request cannot be replaced. At time, ESPN 1380 could request that a prize be picked-up at the station.
11. Contests are void where prohibited or restricted by law. All Federal, State, Local laws and regulations shall apply. For any standard ESPN 1380 contest, there may be only one (1) winner per family or household in any 30 day period. This 30 day period may be waived for specific, major station promotions.
12. ESPN 1380 reserves the right to disqualify any contestant and determine an alternate winner at random in the event that any of there contest rules are not met. Contestant must provide legal ID and Social Security number to claim prize (Minors: see rule #6). All prizes valued over $599.00 are subject to applicable state and/or federal taxes and a 1099 tax form will be issued to the winner. Winner must sign a legal release form provided by ESPN 1380 to obtain prizes valued over $599.00
13. Should a winner die before claiming his/her prize, said prize will be awarded to winner's estate, subject to all other applicable laws.
14. No purchase or consideration is necessary to win.
15. Decisions by ESPN 1380 regarding winner and all contest details are final and binding in all respects.
16. ESPN 1380 and its sponsors are not responsible for any typographical or other error in printing of the offer, administration of the sweepstakes or in the announcement prizes.
17. In accepting an ESPN 1380 prize, the winner accepts to take the prize as outlined in such promotion. Winner cannot change dates for concert, flight departure/arrival, weekend stays, etc. If winner is not able or chooses not to accept prize "as is", winner forfeits his/her prize. ESPN 1380 reserves the right to select another winner.
18. All winners, by acceptance of prize, agree to release ESPN 1380, Good Karma Broadcasting LLC., its promotional partner(s) and clients, together with their respective parent companies and subsidiaries from any liability, claims or action of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses of any kind to persons and property which may be sustained in connection with the receipt of use of prize or while traveling to or from any prize related activity.
19. For a copy of the official contest rules or a list of winners (no longer than 30 days after a contest has concluded), please send a self-addressed stamped envelope to
One Parker Place
Janesville, WI 53545
20. Odds of winning are undeterminable and depend on varying telephone response rates, internet access and/or the volume of entries received.
21. If any portion of the above rules is determined to be unenforceable due to local or state laws, all other portions of these official rules shall remain in effect.